The company started trading in 1949 from premises in the village of Polgooth situated some three miles west from the market town of St.Austell. Sales of animal feeds, fertiliser and forage to local farmers was the core business, as sales increased additional premises were acquired.
With the demise of a local agricultural merchant in 1968 the company opened a farmers store selling a wide range of gates, fencing materials, animal health products, tools and general farm hardware to compliment the existing business.
Further expansion over the years resulted in the need for larger premises and in 1991 a new purpose built site was opened at Hewaswater beside the main St.Austell to Truro road
Additional items were introduced and now include gardening products, clothing, footwear, equine and pet supplies totalling in excess of 10,000 product lines. Weekly deliveries to most areas of Cornwall has enabled the company to expand it’s customer base outside the original trading area.